Monday, April 26, 2010

Today I'm getting into....

The Radio Dept.'s new album, Clinging to a Scheme.

It came out last week, and I was excited to hear that after four years they have finally released another full length. I am still working out how I feel about different tracks, etc, but on the whole I can say I love the album. I take that back, I have loved the song "This Time Around" for months. Anyways...Minimalistic, somewhat repetitive, post-punk, shoe-gazing nerd out. Where was this in my teenage years? honestly. hate to love it as much as I do.








I love that one of the tracks, "Heaven's On Fire,: samples a Thurston Moore quote in the beginning:


Reporter: People see rock’n'roll as youth culture and when youth culture becomes monopolized by big business what are the youth to do? Do you have any idea?


Thurston Moore: I think we should destroy the bogus capital process that is destroying youth culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment